Research Analyst (Ref: RA/101)
INCITES Consulting SARL invites applications for research analyst position. INCITES is a consulting company founded in 2013 dealing with technoeconomics and regulatory economics of the ICT sector. The company is currently involved in several consulting projects as well as in two (2) Horizon 2020 research projects related to 5G networking.
We are seeking to recruit high quality freelancers with degrees in engineering, and economics who will be in charge of research and consulting projects. Strong interest in the ICT sector is mandatory and work experience in the industry or in consulting will be an advantage. The successful candidate will deliver client projects, bid proposals and perform both qualitative and quantitative research in the ICT market. As a key person, she/he will contribute to business development investigating new opportunities. The post is based in Strassen, Luxembourg, and involves extensive international travel.
- Carry out research on client projects without detailed guidance
- Support our clients (decision making) with a strong understanding of the ICT sector from a regulatory and an economic perspective (bottom – up and top – down models)
- Collect data via published material and Internet or through interviews, surveys and questionnaires
- Analyze both quantitative and qualitative data sets, using appropriate tools
- Communicate the summary of main ideas and work findings in a range of audiences through written, graphical or/and oral presentations
- Produce well-structured, high quality deliverables in Word or PowerPoint
- Develop business models for new ICT markets
- Develop market knowledge and expertise by tracking industry developments and companies’ strategies in the telecoms and media domain
- Conduct market analysis and forecasts in order to address the key issues in the ICT sector
- Help business development by networking with senior executives, meeting prospective clients and investigating new opportunities.
- Represent the company at external conferences and events
- Analytical thinking and problem solving skills
- Communications, written and presentation skills
- Computer literacy
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Networking and relationships building skills
- Ability to understand and meet clients’ needs
Education and Qualifications
University Degree from a leading global educational institute in Electrical and Computer Engineering, an MBA or Master in Economics and preferably a PhD.
Qualified or part-qualified (ACA, ACCA, CIMA or CFA) would be highly appreciated.
Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience gained in consulting and analysis in the areas of telecom, information, media and technology. Proven experience in business modelling and financial analysis. Need to have contacts at the right levels in ICT industry.
Knowledge and Skills
- Knowledge of ICT industry, its trends and key strategic issues
- Knowledge of telecom regulation and economics
- Knowledge of forecasting techniques and statistics
- Understanding of economic factors impact on market development
- Excellent research skills
- Exceptional written and verbal communications skills, including experience presenting research and analysis to senior-level audiences
- Strong MS Excel skills with experience in developing models and forecasts including a working knowledge of VBA
Competitive remuneration package and travel grants to attend conferences, in addition to travel related with project requirements.
Hours of Work
Full time. Flexibility required with additional travel
Interested candidates may submit their CV and covering letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 20 June 2015, quoting reference RA/101.